GIMP is a versatile and full-featured image processing and paint package. Through it’s scripting interface it can also provide online batch processing systems, a mass production image renderer or function as an image format converter.
GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions.
Key features include:
- Full suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, etc.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool
- Supports custom brushes and patterns
- Tile based memory management so image size is limited only by available disk space
- Layers and channels
- Multiple Undo/Redo (limited only by diskspace)
- Editable text layers
- File formats supported include bmp, gif, jpeg, mng, pcx, pdf, png, ps, psd, svg, tiff, tga, xpm, and many others
- SVG path import/export