CinePaint is a deep paint image retouching tool that supports higher color fidelity than ordinary painting tools available for Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X and Windows.
- Support for 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit color channels of deep paint.
- High fidelity image file types such as DPX, OpenEXR and 16-bit TIFF.
- High Dynamic Range.
- Flipbook. Movie playback of short sequences of images in RAM.
- Color Management System. CinePaint uses LittleCMS.
- Gallery-quality printing. B&W photographs have only one color channel and degrade quickly when manipulated as 8-bit images. CinePaint has higher fidelity and offers a 16-bit printing path to the print-head using GutenPrint.