Aqsis is a cross-platform photorealistic 3D rendering solution, adhering to the RenderMan interface standard defined by Pixar Animation Studios.
Focusing on stability and production usage, features include constructive solid geometry, depth-of-field, extensible shading engine (DSOs), instancing, level-of-detail, motion blur, NURBS, procedural plugins, programmable shading, subdivision surfaces, subpixel displacements and more.
The Aqsis tools provide a comprehensive list of features that are considered necessary for production use, the following list details some of the important high level capabilities.
- Programmable Shading
- High Level Primitive Support
- Sub-Pixel Displacement
- Motion Blur (MB)
- Depth of Field (DoF)
- Shadow Mapped Ambient Occlusion
- Arbitrary Output Variables (AOV)
- Subdivision Surfaces (SDS)
- High quality texture mapping
- Level of Detail (LOD)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Output
- Extensible through plugins (DSO/Procedurals)